Ciara is at the wonderful age of dress-up! She loves to dress up! And it's just wearing the dress. She wants to accessorize depending on what "character" she is pretending to be. For example, if she is watching Barbie and the Three Musketeers, she needs her pretty purple dress, a sword, and a cowboy hat!
The other day she was watching Rapunzel and was frantically searching for her pompus!
I had absolutely no idea what that was!
She ran to the junk drawer and was searching and searching. I couldn't understand her, so I pulled up a chair and let her look away.
When she couldn't find it she started to get very angry. So I did what I do best...guessed incorrectly.
"Do you want a necklace?"
"No! My pompus!"
"Princess?"
"Pompus!"
"Grandpa?"
"POMPUS!"
She then took off into her room to look under her bed and dresser. I called Shawn to see if he knew what she was talking about. He recalled her wanting something out of the junk drawer but couldn't remember what it was.
Just then, I turned to watch the movie as Rapunzel was beginning to paint and lightening struck! Paintbrush!
That was the magic word! Ciara was so excited that I finally figured it out! Immediately, I was able to go to the drawer and get her a paintbrush!
2 comments:
Oh the joy of finally figuring it out!!!!!
It's horrible wanting to help 'em and not know what they need or want! I guess we never grow out of that, do we?
Post a Comment