This happened a couple of weeks ago but I still think it is funny.
The last thing I do at night is take out the garbage. Because I do not have a garbage disposal (some people are shocked by that fact, but it really doesn't bother me) I have to dump ALL of my wasted food in the garbage. For two reasons (1- the smell, 2- the dog) I do not like to leave ANYTHING in the garbage over night.
So it was dark when I was taking out the trash. I opened my screen door and my mailbox jumped. Yes. Jumped. For those that don't know my mail box is attached to my house right next to the front door and something was in it. Scared the poop out of me!
Instinctively, I shut the door to catch my breath and my nerves.
Katie was standing next to me and she got a bit concerned about my reaction. She did not see the mailbox so it seemed odd that I was scared for no reason.
I explained to her that there was something in the mailbox and I wanted her to stand back.
I opened the door again and again, the mailbox jumped! Yes. Definitely something in the mailbox. I was not going crazy. And it must be big. Not ordinary bug could move it like it did. Visions of bats and huge hairy spiders flashed before my eyes as I took a deep breath and slowly stuck my hand out to shut the lid of the box. No matter what it was, I was just going to trap it and let Shawn deal with it later!
Unfortunately, as I reached for the box, the creature shot out of it right towards me!
Katie and I scream as the winged beast flies into my house!
Quickly, I gained my composure as I realized it was just a bird.
How or why there was a bird in my mailbox, I don't know. But now I had one in my house.
Shiloh was going crazy and now all of the no
ise got the attention of Justin and Ciara who were playing in the backroom.
ise got the attention of Justin and Ciara who were playing in the backroom. It took us a few minutes but we were able to get the bird out of the house safely to Shiloh and Ciara's dismay...CiCi was quite sad to see the bird go.
2 comments:
WOW!!! I think I would have freaked too!! I'm with you when ever possible, let the man deal with it!
I am amazed at how we somehow find the courage when we are faced with it, though. I remember trying to get a bird out of my house too, he came from inside the wall!
Apparently, he got into the attic and fell down the outside wall and ended up stuck. He found a small hole where grandpa cut to pull some wire through, but it wasn't big enough for him to get out.
Talk about scare the pants off me. I thought for sure I had a huge rat in my kitchen!!
The first time, Doug was home and had to cut the hole big enough to let him out, there was no way he was going to make it back up the wall. First get him out of the wall, then out of the cupboard, then out of the house.
The next time another bird fell down the wall he ended up right in the cupboard. Doug wasn't home this time and I had to get him out of the house myself!
It wasn't long after that, he went up and fixed the hole into the attic!!
Yeah, it's funny how the smallest things can terrify us! I'm glad you were able to patch up your hole. We have birds in the awning in the garage almost every spring. Mama birds think it is a perfect place for their nests. It usually doesn't bother me unless I find a dead baby bird on the floor. That makes me very very sad.
Post a Comment