I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lots to post about...

I have a lot to post about. We had a great weekend!

Shawn took some time off of work to get some stuff done around the house and yard. This time of year kills him. He starts going into autumn panic mode! The only relation I have is of a squirrel scurrying to gather the rest of his nuts for the winter! Poor guy gets so scatter brained and frantic about what needs to be done before the snow!

Well, he didn't get a whole lot done cuz the time off turned into family time. Which no one complained about!

Saturday we got up early, packed the kids and a lunch and headed off to Jordenelle for a day of fishing! It was really fun! No one caught anything (unless you want to count the dead fish that we got on Katelynn's line...yuck!), but it was still fun nonetheless!
The kids had a great time playing in the water. I'm not an experienced fisher so I didn't realize that playing in the water was even a possibility. Next time, I'll be better prepared.

Ciara gave up on the water after a tiny spill but the other two were upset I wouldn't let them go out further. I think it brought back our fun memories at the beach this past spring and we all were so excited!

Sunday we got a call from Shawn's Mom saying she was going to make jam and asked if we wanted to learn how and help her. Shawn couldn't wait to go. He loves his Mom's jam and he has been wanting to learn how to jar and can so this was step one in his book.

I was a bit more hesitant. Learning to make jam would put the pressure on me to make it. And that makes me nervous.

But it was easy and fun! We made Strawberry Rhubarb, Blueberry, and Cherry. I am so excited to eat it!

So that was the weekend!

3 comments:

Donna said...

How did I miss this one the last time I popped by, I don't know. Jam is as easy as it gets! Glad you had fun!!

So now, I know who to invite when the peaches and apples come on. I sure could use the help, it's easy just lots of work!

GG said...

Awesome! Shawn would be so excited if I learned how to do that as well! He might even want to come himself!

Donna said...

I would hope so!!