I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First day of school!

Yay!

Katelynn's first day of 2nd grade was Monday!
She has been so excited to go back to school!

I took the day off to help see her off. After we dropped her off, I should have gone to work. I was supposed to go to work. But how could I when I had the whole day scheduled. I was on my way when my personal navigator turned my car around and drove me to my Mom's. Instead, I hung out with her. It was nice. She was just fretting over math so it was good to get her away.
We went and did a little school shopping for Charlotte and hung out at Jordan Landing for a bit. Then it was time to get Boo from school and I really needed to get back home to my family.

I was so happy to pick Katie up! She had a fantastic day!

Tuesday I played hookey as well. I had the morning scheduled to meet Justin's teacher. He starts full day Kindergarten on Monday.

When I called work and they told me that I was approved for the full day vs just the morning off of work, I couldn't force myself to go in on Tuesday either!

So I took Justin and Ciara out to get Justin's school clothes and to hang out. We had lunch at the IHOP and walked down dozens of toy aisles just for fun.

We ended up at RC Willey's at one point. (I really need a new couch, but I know it's only dream shopping!) Justin had a good time pushing Ciara around in the little cart. And visa versa. Hahaha Justin didn't like it when he saw the camera and tried to get out of the cart.

So that's about it for now. I'm back to work. ::sniff sniff:: I had such a great weekend with my family, I really didn't want it to end.

4 comments:

Donna said...

It does sound like a great weekend!!

I sure miss you!!

GG said...

I miss you too! So very much.

Anonymous said...

You saved me from a day of fretting, thats for sure. I'll let you know when I need a another save!

GG said...

Glad to hear it!