I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Chore Time

Every night after dinner the kids and I do our chores. And when I say kids and I, I mean Katelynn and I. She is always such a good helper! Justin, on the other hand goes deaf, blind, and dumb come chore time.

I swear it's like talking to a wall!

Last night was no different. It was time to do our chores. I do the kitchen, Katelynn straightens up the dinning room and bathroom, and Justin is supposed to clean up the toys out of the living room and straighten up the pillows on the couch. Not hard.

Even CiCi usually scoots a chair up to the sink to help me!

Last night I finished with the kitchen. Katelynn had done her chore. And the living room was still a mess.

Instead of the endless battle, I simply walked up to Justin and scooped him up in my arms without saying a word. He smiled up at me and I smiled back as I walked him back into his bedroom and gently set him on his bed. I kissed his forehead and whispered, "good night Buddy". Turned on the nightlight and left the room closing the door behind me. I think that is when it hit him. He begged and begged to be let out of his room so that he could help clean. But by then it was just too late. I kept my cool and did not yell or scream. I simply told him that if he refuses to help clean up then it is time for bed. He stayed there for the rest of the night.

Let's see if he helps clean up tonight!

2 comments:

Donna said...

I LOVE IT!!!!

You are so Awesome!!!

GG said...

LOL I haven't had chore problems since. I am waiting for the effect to wear off though.