I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Please Excuse Our Dust

FINALLY! We are remodeling the front room!! It only took 8 years and a couple hissy fits!

A couple of weeks ago I had decided that I was going to paint the front room. I was tired of the "old" look. There is nothing like fresh paint to brighten and renew a room.

However, Shawn had other plans. He didn't want to repaint until we did the repairs and got the remodeling done. But we couldn't complete the remodeling in the front room without remodeling the kitchen/dining room and then we are talking about more and more money! Why can't I just paint!?

I was mad and he knew it! So Tuesday he started on the remodeling. We are doing things slowly - his goal is just to do SOMETHING everyday, even if it's just putty.

So far, we ripped out the stupid shelves off the side of the corner and we put up half of the new extended wall. (Now I just have to find a
new home for everything that was on the shelves and now on my counter! Look at all that junk!)


I was a bit nervous about this. I had a GREAT BIG opening leading from the dining room to the front room, but we needed to close that off a bit for the remodeling we want to eventually do in the kitchen.

And I need to clarify...when I saw we, I mostly mean Shawn and his dad. I helped putty. LOL

Yesterday, with only half the wall drywalled, Shawn made a comment about having to return the extra drywall. I was confused. What about the other side of the wall? The side that people IMMEDIATELY see upon entering the house? He informed me that he wasn't going to do that side until we do the kitchen. Umm. No. The kitchen could take a couple more years. The kitchen will be the most expensive of our projects we've done or will do.

I think we've agreed that right now, we'll focus on the living room and immediately after move on to the kitchen. Hopefully, things go as planned because I think having the studs stare at me everyday when I come home will drive me insane.

For now, I'm just excited to see progress. I just hope it isn't a year long project!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO excited for you! I know you have been wanting this for so long!
XOXO

Donna said...

I was just going to say the same thing as Jenn, I am SOOOO excited for you!!

Every time you feel the insanity start in, just keep reminding yourself the end justifies the means!! It'll all be worth it when it's done!!

GG said...

I hope so! Right now, I am really excited!