I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Not as crazy as you thought

Friday evening actually went VERY smoothly!

The kids had a really great time! The dying of the eggs went really smooth too! Because the eggs were hollow, it took a little bit more attention to dye them. You can't just let them sink to the bottom and wait. You have to hold them down into the dye. We did the little girls first and got them "out of the way" so they could go play. I think that was the key! After they were done, the rest of the kids were able to do whatever they wanted with their eggs! I had lots of fun showing them some different techniques they could use with stickers or rubberbands! I think the favorite was the tie-dye though!
Time flew by! Once the eggs were done, it was already 10:30! Time for a quick clean up and movie time! I could not believe that ALL 9 kids were still awake after the movie! Even the babies!! Finally, the credit were rolling, I go to turn the TV off with the dreaded, "K, guys...it's time for bed!" when ZAP! The power in the house goes out! Perfect timing!

Some of the little kids were a little freaked out, but once they got settled down, they were asleep rather quickly!

3 comments:

Donna said...

The kids had a GREAT time!!

Thanks so much for including us!!

GG said...

My kids can't wait to do it again! They were trying to talk me into it again this weekend! I turned them down though! LOL

Donna said...

Really??!! Can't understand why!! LOL