I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Birthday Table

The school celebrates the kids' birthdays monthly at a birthday table during lunch.  The kids that have birthdays that month get to eat lunch with their parents at the special table.  It's always kind of uncomfortable, but the kids love it! 

So yesterday we brought Katie a happy meal and had lunch with her at school!  Ciara LOVED it!  You could tell she felt like such a big girl!

But Katie just ate in silence.  It was odd.  She even had two of her friends at the table with her who also had birthdays in April but she didn't talk with them at all.

Shawn's worried about her socially.  He doesn't think that she has any friends.  I told him it was just because we were there, she was probably just being shy, but he didn't agree.  He said that in the morning when he drops them off, she never goes to play with any friends, she just stands there with him.  I told him again, it's because he's there.  Try leaving her.  He almost had a heartattack!  Leave her??!!  How!?

So after lunch, she went to recess and we went out to the car and stalked her.  We sat there and watched her for the rest of her recess.  She was playing with a whole group of kids, laughing and running...being a normal kid. 

See!  She has friends!  I'm not worried about her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't even be able to imagine Katie Lady with no friends! Thats just silly talk! She is the most sweetest, kind, fun young lady!

I LOVE YOU KATIE! XOXO

Donna said...

I kind of figured she was just playing it cool. She's kind of like that with my kids. She a lot more reserved when I'm around, as opposed to just my kids around!!

I love stalking my kids!! It's interesting to see what they are doing when they don't know I'm watching!! LOL

GG said...

Yeah, I'm not worried. My kids are shy! That's just how they are.

As for the stalking..I love it too! I wish I could do it more often!

Donna said...

So do I!!

It's not as easy with the bigger kids! Lol