Every year the local high school hosts a Daddy Daughter Dance for the kids at our school. And each year Shawn takes the girls - sometimes an extra girl if needed. :)I am so thankful that he makes it a point to take the night off to take them. It means so much to them.
This year, he asked them if they wanted to do something else instead of the dance, but Ciara wouldn't have anything to do with that. Her daddy was going to take her to that dance and that was that!
I was afraid that Katie was getting older and wouldn't want to go, but her worry when I was helping her get prettied up was "When I am in jr high, can I still go or is this my last year?" Ciara loves the dressing up part. She knew exactly what shoes she wanted to wear and the perfect dress to go with them. She knew exactly how she wanted her hair and made sure to tell me so.
Katie, on the other hand, would have been perfectly fine throwing on a pair of jeans and her favorite hoodie shirt. I told her that she was welcome to, but when she came upstairs, she was in a dress. :)
She wasn't sure what she wanted for her hair, so we played around and incorporated a couple of my favorites into one style. I really liked how it looked on her, it was a little more grown up than CiCi's but it was still whimsical. I sure love it when the girls let me play with their hair.I think they all looked beautiful! I hope they have fun and create new memories. I also hope that Shawn is able to embarrass them just a little. That seems to be their favorite part every year. They always come home with some cute story on how he was a bit goofy. I love that about him.
No comments:
Post a Comment