I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Workout

The kids have always been interested in exercising. I am going to take little credit for that as my exercise routines are nonexistent these days and even when I was exercising daily, I have always been pretty private about it.

So I am going to assume they get it from their dad. Although he isn't as consistent as he would like, he still works out regularly and has always encouraged the kids to workout with him. Or would even incorporate the kids into his own routines - using them as weights. Lol

Now that Justin is in football, he has really been wanting to start regularly working out. So Shawn created a small 30 minute routine for him for each day that will help him with his stamina and throwing.

This has made it so Katie wants to start regularly exercising as well. I think it is so wonderful for them to WANT to have these healthy habits, especially as the weather turns cold and they will be playing outside less and less.

But sometimes they both want to be on the elliptical machine at the same time. This can create conflict.

The other night I was happy when they came up with a solution. Although it is not something they can actually do because it is unsafe, it was still funny to watch. And honestly, it looks like a good ab workout! Lol

I love his devilish determined face!


No comments: