I was on a roll! After working my normal 9 1/2 hour day, I came home and cleaned the house and still had time to spare before picking up the kids. Yay me!
I wasn't going to waste this precious time! I still had 30 minutes before the kids got out of school. I'm going to throw together a dip for dinner.
Mmm. Black beans, corn, purple onions, cilantro and italian seasoning. Only thing missing was fresh tomato.
I run outside and pick the most delicious red tomatoes fresh off the vine. I just love garden tomatoes!
Walk back up the porch to find the back door had shut behind me and I was locked out. Darn.
I go to the side of the garage and look the chain link fence up and down. I can take it.
I roll the tomatoes gently under the fence. Why? I don't know. I could've left them on the porch and got them when I got back in the house, but at the moment, rolling them under the fence made more sense.
I attempt the fence. In my work shoes and slacks, I just couldn't do it. I couldn't get the right grip with the slats in the fence and I didn't want to risk ripping my work pants.
So I go to the other side of the house. That is a solid brick wall. That'll be easier because I can sit on it and jump over to the other side.
But again, I couldn't climb it. My shoes just aren't meant for climbing. I blame my shoes because that sounds less sissy than me just not having the kind of coordination necessary to climb a stupid fence.
I realize that I am stuck in my back yard unless I can get on the other side of this fence! I have no phone and time is ticking. I need to get to the front door so I can get my keys to pick up my kids from school.
Genius comes to me. I quickly grab a chair from the back porch and bring it to the fence. It still isn't tall enough. I have to lean it against the fence so that I can take a hop off the very top of the chair. I know it doesn't sound like much, but this took several attempts and a lot of courage from me. I am so terrified of heights that it just about killed me but I finally did it! I was perched on the top of the fence. Now I just had to jump down. Success!
I run to the front door to find it locked. Ugh.
I have no idea what time it is.j
I run to my neighbors to use their phone to call hubby. No answer. I leave a message.
What the heck is Donna's number? That is where he is. Stupid technology has made me stupid. I don't have anyone else's phone numbers. I can't even call my sister to tell her to grab my kids.
Time to start running.
I still have no idea how I did it. And I wasn't able to run the whole way, but I was able to keep going. I haven't done that in months. I have to sit often because of my back, but I did it! I made it to the school and the bell hadn't rang yet! I am awesome!!
I find Jenn parked in the parking lot, tap on her window. Help, please. Let me sit.
Phew.
I am trying to prepare myself for my walk back home with the kids. I know she doesn't have the room for all of us. But she would hear none of that. Squish squish. We can fit.
Call hubby - still no answer.
Even if she takes us home we are still locked out of the house.
Call hubby again and he finally answers! He is right in the middle of a project. He could leave now but it would be a hardship.
Thank goodness for sisters. She takes us to her house without hesitation. The kids have a table to sit at to do homework. She even fed us dinner! Thanks Jenn!
We finally got back into the house at about 7:15 with my phone alarm going off, reminding me to pick up my kids from school. LOL
All of that for a tomato!
It's these little miracles that I am so thankful for. I know He was watching out for me. Thank you.
Oh, and by the way, the dip was delicious!

2 comments:
Holy Cow! that is some story!!
I had no idea all that was going on as we were working on the treehouse! thank you for sharing him with us!
Of course! I dont mind sharing him! Most of the time. :)
Post a Comment