I realize blog viewing is much simpler without having to sign in each time to view or comment. So I am temporarily removing the private setting for this blog. I am still not sure how comfortable I am with it so I am going on a trial run.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Fishing with the Fathers

Better late than never, right?

Saturday, we went fishing!  We wanted to go camping, but it just didn't work out with Shawn's schedule so we deciding fishing was the next best thing!

It took us a little while to find a good spot, but when we did - it was nearly perfect!  Not too many people and the water was clean enough and warm enough for the kids to play! 

We had a lot of fun, and after some pleading from the kids - they were even able to get ME into the water with them!  Good thing Grandma Karen brought a light sun dress I could slip into so I didn't have to go in my jeans!

It's a shame that we couldn't get either grandpa in the water!  The kids liked teasing Grandpa Troy about being afraid of the "were-fish!"  LOL 

All in all, it was a wonderful day in the sun with my family!  I am so thankful that I was able to get my Dad out with me too!  I really think he should spend more time with me!  I think I'm a pretty fun person!  ;p

PS- Sorry for the lack of photos.  I took a few when we first got there, but ever since my beach fiasco in Cali last year - I shy away from having my phone too close to the water!

3 comments:

Donna said...

I can understand that! Looks like lots of fun. I don't know if I would have gotten in the water, either! Lol

GG said...

It was actually a LOT of fun in the water! The kids had a blast!

Donna said...

I tried on my swim suit yesterday, actually got into it, but not a pretty sight. Wouldn't take my clothes off at the pool!!