![]() |
| It was hard to get a picture, but it almost resembles tic tac toe. |
When the kids came home from school, I took them outside to show them something. This new artwork. "Now, which one of you did this!?"
Surprisingly, I didn't have to get angry. Ciara, slowly put her hand up as she hung her head in shame.
Her punishment? Taking leaves that were raked into a pile and putting them in the garden beds so dad can till them in.
She wasn't too happy at first. But once I told her she only had to do it for 10 minutes instead of 30 because she didn't lie, she was happy to do it and she took care of her punishment "like a man". No
whining or complaining. In fact, even after I told her she could stop, she continued until most of the leaves were in the garden beds just so she could help daddy. Good girl.


Love it when we can reinforce honesty is the best policy!
ReplyDeleteThat has been a big thing for me lately. So tired of the lying. Especially the stupid lies. Gets tiring.
ReplyDelete